Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dream of refereeing a World Cup!

I'm living the dream as a media journalist for a major network often times getting to write, edit and even broadcast at times, but I also wanted to live the dream as a World Cup Soccer referee once, but the closest I'll come to that experience is right here blogging about it.



Boy I wish I was in South Africa getting ready to officiate the biggest games of many professional players lives, but the closest I'll come to that experience is refereeing Men's & Women's amateur games on Sundays as a certified state referee under the United States Soccer Federation and watching the World Cup Refs operate magically and efficiently on TV.



So for the next 30 days from June 11-July 11, I invite you to come be part of my dream right here, right now as I imagine myself stepping on the pitch with my crew getting ready for the biggest and possibly most watched sporting event most of the world sees or talks about every four years!




Throughout the next 30 days of the World Cup, I hope to engage you in discussion and offer what little insight I could of the sport of soccer, it's laws of the game and answer any questions you may have. Maybe you want to understand the rules, maybe you want to know why a call was made, or why a call wasn't made?


I will do my best to help you understand how cool and unique it is for a referee to manage 22 gladiators representing the pride of their country on their shoulders.


I get chills just thinking about it as the games approach in less than 18 hours and 19 minutes from now.



Of course I know I don't know everything, but the wonderful thing I'm happy to say that I do know is I know a lot of people who know so much more than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment